The official Blog of "Meet the Faces of KaJoyfulness" for showbiz, talent updates, anything and everything under the sun.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lovi Poe says she is sticking by Ronald Singson’s side even after his arrest


Even after her reported boyfriend Ronald Singson was arrested at the Chek Lap Kok International Airport in July 2010 and was sentenced to serve one year and six months in Hong Kong last February for drug trafficking, Lovi Poe has remained optimistic.

“I don’t know if I’ve learned. I really don’t know what changes I went through, but for me, I guess now I know how to be really strong and to stand up for what you believe in. To just be yourself and surround yourself with real people,” she shared during Mark Nicdao’s Vantage magazine launch held last March 6 at the Fashion Walk of Greenbelt 5 in Makati City.

Lovi said that despite their current situation, she is hopeful that things will get better when they can finally put all this behind them.

“Thankful naman ako. We do appreciate it. I don’t want to talk about it anymore because I just don’t want to talk about it. Now, I’m just trying to move forward and be positive when it comes to things that I have now. I want to be positive na lang. I don’t want to dwell on the negative,” she shared.

But despite rumors that Ronald had already proposed to her in Hong Kong, Lovi said that she is not ready to commit to anything, especially when it comes to how she feels.

“I can’t say anything about that. But then for me, I just have to go with the flow and just do my job and make sure I don’t step on other people, yun lang. I can’t answer that kasi hindi pa naman siya tapos,” she said of her situation with the former Ilocos Sur first district Representative.

Despite the temporary separation, Lovi said she has no plans of entertaining, much less have feelings for anyone else.

“My heart? Well, I’m not using it for a while (laughs). I’ll just be working a lot,” she admitted.

On the issue that Ronald’s mother and sister reportedly snubbed her during the hearing in Hong Kong, Lovi would rather keep mum about the said incident.

“I’m okay naman. I don’t want to talk about it kasi there’s a lot of people involved. I don’t want to drag them into this. It just so happens that I’m part of the business and hindi naman sila showbiz na tao for me to actually elaborate on things. Kumabaga respeto ko na lang sa kanila na hindi sila pag-usapan in public,” she admitted.

The 22 year-old, who is currently busy working on her regular TV shows and an upcoming remake of the 1980 film Temptation Island, said she does not wish to comment on issues that do not directly concern her, like the recent change from the original lineup which included Pokwang.

“I’m going to start working on Temptation Island soon. I don’t know about the ones who aren’t part of it anymore. I’m just so happy to be part of it,” she said.

Lovi is also excited to share that she is planning to return to her musical roots later this year too.

“I’m good. I feel really blessed. Hopefully, my third album will happen soon. I’m thinking of doing a new one para bumalik sa first love ko,” she admitted. (report from Rhea Manila P. Santos, Push.com.ph)